1 x 250g Super Sour Dough pack
40g finely grated Parmesan or strong cheese of your choice
1 heaped teaspoon mustard powder
225ml warm water
Seeds to sprinkle
Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan Oven 210°C Gas Mark 7
- Empty the dough mix into a bowl, removing the bag containing the parchment
- Add the cheese and mustard powder and mix well.
- Add the warm water and stir until all the ingredients are wet; leave to stand for 5 minutes. Beat vigorously for 1 minute until smooth
- Using a wet spatula, place the dough onto the parchment rectangle and shape the loaf into a rectangle approximately 5 x 8 inches (12 x 20m)
- Keep using the wet spatula to create a smooth surface and then make 8 dividing/tear lines, one down the middle and four from side to side. Don’t cut all the way to the bottom of the dough
- Sprinkle with linseed, poppy seed, or gluten free flour, slide into the parchment bag and fold over to seal
- Leave for 30 minutes to prove at room temperature, the dough will not rise, just relax
- Bake directly onto the oven rung/shelf in the middle of the oven for 80 minutes
- Remove, place on a cooling rack and open the bag to let out steam and allow to cool completely before sharing
- This loaf is best made a day in advance and served hot by reheating for 10 minutes in a preheated oven 200°C Fan Oven 210°C Gas Mark 6/7. For extra cheesiness sprinkle with more grated cheese of your choice!
- When you sprinkle with seeds try adding some dry chillies to pep up the crust flavour
- If you don’t like mustard add dried basil, chives or herbs of your choice
- Try adding nutritional yeast instead of cheese, to make these vegan!
Enjoy with family and friends is you can bear to share!